Watchmaker Genomics is an early-stage life science company based in Boulder, Colorado and has an R&D facility in Cape Town, South Africa. Our team is passionate about innovation and values collaboration, creativity and scientific rigor. We believe the intersection of biology, engineering and computer science presents exciting opportunities for developing novel technologies that promote research and improve human health. Watchmaker Genomics specializes in the design, development and production of DNA- and RNA-modifying enzymes that enable high-growth applications in genomics, molecular diagnostics and personalized medicine.
Watchmaker is inviting applications for the full-time position of Warehouse Technician.
This position reports to the Warehouse Supervisor and will be responsible for receiving incoming materials and shipping customer orders. This individual will be accountable for ensuring materials are processed quickly and help manage inventory levels and Kanbans.
The successful candidate will thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced working environment and contribute directly to our company culture and success. The position provides an opportunity to grow and develop as a leader.
- Receive inventories according to policies and procedures.
- Ship orders in a timely manner, according to ship dates.
- Updating the ship schedule, as needed.
- Maintain and update inventory databases.
- Maintain dock and shipping areas to be clean, safe, and presentable at all times
- Occasionally drive to pick up orders or supplies.
- Update and maintain all warehouse work instructions.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the processes and procedures in the warehouse functions.
- Ensure waste containers are maintained and emptied, when needed.
- Assist with Kanban ordering and maintenance.
- Assist with kitting functions, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
The candidate should have at least two years of relevant warehouse experience.
The following skills and experience are requirements for the position:
- Practical experience with computer software.
- Previous experience in Warehouse
- The ability to respond appropriately under pressure.
- Sound judgment and excellent problem-solving skills.
- A positive attitude and the ability to build relationships with clients.
- The flexibility to work irregular hours, when required.
- Basic written and verbal communication skills.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelors in related function preferred
The base compensation for the Warehouse Technician role starts at $45,000-50,000 + bonus + equity; actual pay will be adjusted based on skills and experience. Employees are eligible for Flexible Time Off, Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D, Short Term Disability, EAP, and a 401(k) retirement plan.
To apply for the position, please submit the following:
- Letter of motivation
- Resume or Curriculum vitae, highlighting relevant qualifications and experience
Applications without a Letter of Motivation will not be considered. Local candidates preferred.
If selected to participate in the interview process, the names and contact information of three professional references who are able to assess your suitability for the position in terms of the specified requirements will be requested.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Watchmaker Genomics is committed to being an equal opportunity employer and creating a culturally diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics as protected by applicable law.
All applicants will be asked if currently eligible to work in the United States of America; and if now or in the future will require visa sponsorship to continue working in the United States.
This position may be subject to pre-employment checks, including driving history check, drug screening and a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. All pre-employment checks will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.