Watchmaker Genomics is an early-stage life science company based in Boulder, Colorado. Our team is passionate about innovation and values collaboration, creativity and scientific rigor. We believe the intersection of biology, engineering and computer science presents exciting opportunities for developing novel technologies that promote research and improve human health. Watchmaker Genomics specializes in the design, development and production of DNA- and RNA-modifying enzymes that enable high-growth applications in genomics, molecular diagnostics and personalized medicine.
Watchmaker is inviting applications for the temporary position of a Senior Accountant based In Cape Town, South Africa.
The successful candidate will thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced working environment and contribute directly to our company culture and success.
- Manage accounts payable
- Processing of payments and bank reconciliations
- Month end transaction processing, reconciliations, reporting and variance analysis
- Responsible for the intercompany accounting and ensuring compliance with regulations
- Maintenance of fixed asset register
- Manage the credit card process – full ownership of the expense claim tool and processing
- Support the annual budget preparation
- Support the Group’s year end financial reviews and audits
- Focus on continuous improvement – processes, month-end close, delivering results
- Finance Projects
Required Qualifications and Experience
The candidate should have at a minimum, a 3-year degree and 5+ years corporate accounting and auditing experience. Experience in a biotech environment is highly desirable. Experience in a US company environment would be an advantage.
The following skills and experience are requirements for the position:
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- The ability to multitask, be able to work at a high standard, perform consistently under pressure along with pre-determined deadlines, and work without supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work as an effective member of a team
- Good communication and personal task management skills and a high level of self-motivation and initiative
- A creative and disciplined approach to problem-solving
- BCom, Hons, Certified Accountant
- 5+ years experience in accounting and auditing in a corporate environment
- Knowledge of Xero accounting software will be advantageous
To apply for the position, please submit the following in a PDF format at https://za.indeed.com/q-senior-accountant-l-cape-town,-western-cape-jobs.html?vjk=94c66398c6f36f89
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum vitae, or resume, highlighting relevant qualifications and experience, and include a current email address and mobile phone number
Applications without a Letter of Motivation will not be considered. Local candidates are preferred.
If selected to participate in the interview process, the names and contact information of three professional references who are able to assess your suitability for the position in terms of the specified requirements will be requested.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Watchmaker Genomics is committed to being an equal opportunity employer and creating a culturally diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics as protected by applicable law.
This position may be subject to pre-employment checks, including driving history check, drug screening and a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. All pre-employment checks will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.