Watchmaker Genomics is an early-stage life science company based in Boulder, Colorado and has an R&D facility in Cape Town, South Africa. Our team is passionate about innovation and values collaboration, creativity and scientific rigor. We believe the intersection of biology, engineering and computer science presents exciting opportunities for developing novel technologies that promote research and improve human health. Watchmaker Genomics specializes in the design, development and production of DNA- and RNA-modifying enzymes that enable high-growth applications in genomics, molecular diagnostics and personalized medicine.
Watchmaker is inviting applications for the full-time position of Regional Account Manager. This position reports to the Vice President of Sales and Commercial Development and will be responsible for driving sales growth across the company’s genomics product portfolio. This individual will be responsible for leading the promotion and sales of Watchmaker products at academic, translational, commercial and clinical labs, understanding and monitoring the competitive landscape, ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction, and building a robust sales pipeline with a focus on developing strategic accounts to drive explosive growth in the region.
The successful candidate will thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced working environment and contribute directly to our company culture and success. The position provides an opportunity to build a territory from the ground up with a competitive incentive driven compensation package.
- Research and evaluate all accounts within the assigned region to identify key growth opportunities to inform the development of an effective territory business plan and strategy
- Coordinate sales calls, agendas, and product information for effective meetings, clearly documenting meeting minutes, competitive intelligence, and action items in CRM
- Travel to customer sites for meetings, exhibitions, and networking
- Identify, prioritize, and map key accounts to build a thorough understanding of the buying process and identify key decision makers to maximize close rate ad revenue growth
- Build and maintain relationships to identify and investigate pain points and develop strategies to position Watchmaker solutions to address prospects short and long term business needs
- Consistently deliver on commitments to customers through prompt and comprehensive respond to inquiries, requests for samples, RFPs, and other follow up actions
- Leverage CRM to drive a disciplined sales process, including prospecting, needs analysis, solution development, closing plan, and account management and defense
- Develop and maintain a robust opportunity pipeline and forecast to drive aggressive revenue expansion, routinely communicate revenue and demand forecasts
- Communicate customer requirements promptly and clearly to internal teams to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
The candidate should have at minimum a BS in molecular biology, biochemistry or a related discipline, with at least five years of relevant sales experience selling next-generation sequencing (NGS) technologies and/or other advanced genomics applications into high-throughput clinical sequencing labs, research hospitals, and Laboratory Developed Tests (LDTs). Broad technical knowledge of DNA- and RNA-modifying enzymes is a plus.
The following skills and experience are requirements for the position:
- Proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Comfortable with NGS applications with sufficient technical acumen to sell cutting edge molecular biology products
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly build rapport and earn trust
- Incisive interrogation skills with outstanding attention to detail to uncover specific client pain points and needs around which to position a solution
- Proactive mindset and the ability to work independently as well as thrive in a team environment
- Flexible in nature to accommodate a fast-growing product portfolio and change.
- Strong organizational, task management, and prioritization skills
- Adept at identifying market opportunities in highly technical and evolving applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled at maintaining control of the sales process, communicating well-developed value propositions, identifying and eliminating objections early, and closing business
- Fully competent in Google Suite, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and CRM systems. Able to learn and build in-depth knowledge of new technology tools
Education and Experience
- BS with minimum 5 years genomics industry experience selling into commercial accounts, MS or PhD is a plus
Applications without a Letter of Motivation will not be considered. Local candidates preferred.
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum vitae, highlighting relevant qualifications and experience
If selected to participate in the interview process, the names and contact information of two references who are able to assess your suitability for the position in terms of the specified requirements will be requested.
Watchmaker Genomics is committed to being an equal opportunity employer and creating a culturally diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics as protected by applicable law.