Watchmaker Genomics is an early-stage life science company based in Boulder, Colorado and has an R&D facility in Cape Town, South Africa. Our team is passionate about innovation and values collaboration, creativity and scientific rigor. We believe the intersection of biology, engineering and computer science presents exciting opportunities for developing novel technologies that promote research and improve human health. Watchmaker Genomics specializes in the design, development and production of DNA- and RNA-modifying enzymes that enable high-growth applications in genomics, molecular diagnostics and personalized medicine.
As part of the Process Development team, you will apply your expertise in process engineering to design and transfer production processes to ensure that we are successful in delivering high-quality, innovative products to our customers in global genomics and synthetic biology markets.
- Design and develop production processes and test methods at an appropriate scale for manufacturing
- Design, execute and analyze studies with scientific rigor
- Record and communicate findings with accuracy and clarity
- Maintain industry design and development standards to ensure product quality and safety
- Work closely with scientific and marketing teams to successfully develop innovative new products
- Work closely with production teams to transfer new processes and improve existing processes
Required Qualifications and Experience
- You have at least 3 years of experience in process engineering with an MEng, PhD(Eng), or related qualifications
- You have demonstrated scientific excellence in your technical work, and in your written and verbal communication
- You can multitask, perform consistently under pressure and work without supervision.
- You use and understand appropriate advanced inferential statistical tools and software, such as multivariate analysis, DOE and Statistical Process Control.
- You know how to assess and manage risk and have used tools such as FMEAs
- Ideally, you understand DNA, RNA, proteins and/or microbiology
- Ideally, you know how develop and validate processes according to ISO13485 standards, and have applied Quality by Design principles
- Letter of motivation
- A current email address and mobile phone number
- The names and contact information of two references who are able to assess your suitability for the position in terms of the specified requirements.
- Applications not accompanied by a letter of motivation and the contact information for two professional references will not be considered.
To apply, please visit the posting on Indeed.com.