Watchmaker Genomics is an early-stage life science company based in Boulder, Colorado, United States with a local office in Cape Town, South Africa. Our team is passionate about innovation and values collaboration, creativity and scientific rigor. We believe the intersection of biology, engineering and computer science presents exciting opportunities for developing novel technologies that promote research and improve human health. Watchmaker Genomics specializes in the design, development and production of DNA- and RNA-modifying enzymes that enable high-growth applications in genomics, molecular diagnostics and personalized medicine.
Watchmaker Genomics is inviting applications for an on-site, full-time position of a Master Data Management (MDM) Engineer in our Cape Town office.
This position reports to the R&D Process Development Team Lead and will perform day-to-day master data activities creating, maintaining, and coordinating processes across the organization to support master data management activities. Additionally, this position is expected to provide accurate, consistent, and complete master data to functions, applications, and processes within the organization.
The successful candidate will thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced working environment and contribute directly to our company culture and success. This position will offer unique challenges, learning, and growth including the opportunity to support a global organization
Master Data Management Process
- Creation of release, maintenance, change, lifecycle, and monitoring processes to ensure efficient and streamlined master data management processes
- Creation and maintenance of documentation related to data location, data source, data relationship, data Integration maps, and data classifications
- Training of business teams on master data management processes including the interactions with processes and data during their routine tasks
- Monitor MDM processes to ensure risk based performance reporting on the use and maintenance of data
Support and facilitate data access for both operational and analytical master data
- Identify data sources, producers, and consumers within the organization
- Collect and analyze metadata
- Streamline data sharing between different business systems and facilitate data processing
- Establish permission and security frameworks related to data sources
- Establish and maintain a high level of data accuracy, consistency, and quality
Master data activities for products, parts, and label data
- Capturing and maintenance of all related data
- Release and change management of data
- Lifecycle procedures to ensure data is available or decommissioned in time
- Monitor the usage and quality of data
- Working with MDM concepts within organizations
- Data modeling for MDM data domains and designing hierarchies
- Manufacturing part master data principles and practices
- Experience with manufacturing ERP and MES systems
- Using data quality tools to profile, cleanse, standardize, and enrich data
- Using ETL and API tools to integrate data sources and consumers
Preferred Additional Experience:
- Experience in multi-national or corporate environments is essential
- Basic understanding of compliance frameworks
The candidate must demonstrate the following skills:
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective written, verbal and presentation, and listening communications skills
- Negotiation, persuasion, and influencing
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- The ability to engage with different functions, leadership levels, and cultures to support stakeholder management and influencing
The candidate must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Honest and trustworthy
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
Qualifications and Education
- 4+ years with a degree or diploma in Data Sciences, CIMP (Certified Information Management Professional) qualifications, or equivalent qualification from a recognised tertiary institution in master data management or data governance
- 7+ years of relevant Master Data Management (MDM) experience in a production and/or product development environment
To apply for the position, please apply the following on Indeed.com: https://za.indeed.com/cmp/Watchmaker-Genomics-(pty)-Ltd/jobs?jk=56380ab2fad50197&start=0
- Letter of motivation
- Resume or Curriculum vitae, highlighting relevant qualifications and experience; including the following: current physical address, email address, and mobile phone number
Applications without a Letter of Motivation will not be considered. Local candidates preferred.
If selected to participate in the interview process, the names and contact information of two references who are able to assess your suitability for the position in terms of the specified requirements will be requested.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Watchmaker Genomics is committed to being an equal opportunity employer and creating a culturally diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics as protected by applicable law.
All applicants will be asked if currently eligible to work in South Africa; and if now or in the future will require visa sponsorship to continue working in South Africa.
This position may be subject to pre-employment checks, including driving history check, drug screening and a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. All pre-employment checks will comply with all applicable laws.