Watchmaker Genomics is an early-stage life science company based in Boulder, Colorado. Our team is passionate about innovation and values collaboration, creativity and scientific rigor. We believe the intersection of biology, engineering and computer science presents exciting opportunities for developing novel technologies that promote research and improve human health. Watchmaker Genomics specializes in the design, development and production of DNA- and RNA-modifying enzymes that enable high-growth applications in genomics, molecular diagnostics and personalized medicine.
Watchmaker Genomics is inviting applications for the full-time position of Manufacturing Technician – Enzyme Manufacturing. This position reports to the Production Manager – Enzyme Manufacturing, and will support existing enzyme manufacturing procedures. This position will interface directly across all aspects of production, including quality control, logistics and technical support.
The successful candidate will thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced working environment and contribute directly to our company culture and success. This position will offer unique challenges and an opportunity to gain valuable experience in both manufacturing and commercialization.
The primary functions of a Manufacturing Technician – Enzyme Manufacturing at Watchmaker Genomics are to:
- Perform routine small-scale and large-scale protein purification.
- Assist with preparation of buffers and solutions to be used in downstream processes.
- Support the Enzyme Manufacturing Department to meet commercial goals and timelines.
- Work closely with the process development team to support new manufacturing protocols.
- Clean and maintain laboratory equipment and areas.
- Maintain an accurate raw material and finished goods inventory.
- Identify opportunities and implement changes to improve existing processes.
- Maintain compliance with the Watchmaker Genomics quality standards.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline OR 4+ years of relevant manufacturing experience in a life sciences related production environment.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- At least 2 years of experience in a life sciences production or laboratory environment.
- Ability to pipette liquids, weigh powders, and accurately identify and record measurements.
- Ability to quickly learn and execute on basic laboratory techniques.
- Ability to accurately and reproducibly execute technical process specifications and procedures.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft or Google spreadsheets and word processing software.
- Excellent organizational skills and outstanding attention to detail.
- The ability to multitask, perform consistently under pressure, and work without supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work as an effective member of a team.
- Good communication, personal task management skills, and a high level of self-motivation.
- Ability to work on their feet and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Knowledge or experience in recombinant protein production and chromatography.
- Knowledge of DNA- and RNA-modifying enzymes and characterization assays are a plus.
- Drafting/revising and publishing of work instructions or standard operating procedures.
- Providing support in a fast-paced environment (experience with high-growth start-up environments is a plus).
- Basic understanding of ISO 13485 and/or experience working in an ISO compliant facility.
- Letter of motivation.
- A current email address and mobile phone number
- The names and contact information of two references who are able to assess your suitability for the position in terms of the specified requirements.
- Applications not accompanied by a letter of motivation and the contact information for two professional references will not be considered.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Eligible for Bonus Pay
- Vaccination is required, mask is required while in the buildings.
- Bachelor’s degree (Preferred)
- Life sciences production or laboratory environment – 2 years (Preferred).