Watchmaker Genomics is an early-stage life science company based in Boulder, Colorado and has an R&D facility in Cape Town, South Africa. Our team is passionate about innovation and values collaboration, creativity and scientific rigor. We believe the intersection of biology, engineering and computer science presents exciting opportunities for developing novel technologies that promote research and improve human health. Watchmaker Genomics specializes in the design, development and production of DNA- and RNA-modifying enzymes that enable high-growth applications in genomics, molecular diagnostics and personalized medicine.
Watchmaker is inviting applications for the full-time position of Inside Sales Specialist. This position reports to the Vice President of Strategic Marketing and Sales Operations and will be responsible for assisting the Account Managers in driving sales growth across the company’s genomics product portfolio. This individual will be responsible for prospecting and qualifying new customers within academic, translational, commercial and clinical labs while promoting Watchmaker’s product portfolio including NGS Library Preparation, Library Amplification, and Precision Enzymes.
The successful candidate will thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced working environment and contribute directly to our company culture and success. The position provides an opportunity to gain biotech technical sales experience.
- Work with Account Managers across the country to drive sales across a broad portfolio of NGS reagents and molecular biology enzymes
- Prospect new customers and gather necessary information to qualify
- Demonstrate selling skills by successfully engaging customers via email, LinkedIn, cold-calling, and other communication forms to identify new opportunities
- Collaborate with marketing on executing and tracking out-bound marketing campaigns
- Responsible for maintaining customer notes in CRM
- Develop internal relationships and assist in providing an optimal customer experience
Required Knowledge and Abilities
The candidate should have at minimum a BS in genetics, molecular biology, biochemistry or a related discipline with a desire in learning more about Next Generation Sequencing technology. Previous sales experience is a plus.
The following skills and experience are requirements for the position:
- Eagerness and interest to learn about the NGS market and technologies
- Good communication and personal task management skills and a high level of self-motivation
- Proven track record of successfully working within a team with exceptional interpersonal skills to quickly build rapport and earn trust
- Ability to multitask, perform consistently under pressure and deliver timely action items
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Flexible in nature to accommodate a fast-growing product portfolio and change
- Top notch, professional written communication skills
- Fully competent in Google Suite, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and CRM systems. Able to learn and build in-depth knowledge of new technology tools
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a life science field
- 1-2 years in customer facing role, ideally in a scientific field
- Previous sales experience and training is a plus
The budgeted range for this position is $75,000-$85,000 + bonus + equity; actual pay will be adjusted based on skills and experience. Employees are eligible for Flexible Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D, and a 401(k) retirement plan.