Watchmaker Genomics is an early-stage life science company based in Boulder, Colorado. Our team is passionate about innovation and values collaboration, creativity and scientific rigor. We believe the intersection of biology, engineering and computer science presents exciting opportunities for developing novel technologies that promote research and improve human health. Watchmaker Genomics specializes in the design, development and production of DNA- and RNA-modifying enzymes that enable high-growth applications in genomics, molecular diagnostics and personalized medicine.
Watchmaker is inviting applications for the full-time position of People & Culture Generalist based in Boulder, Colorado.
This position reports to the Vice President, People & Culture and will support human resource functions in our Boulder, national, and international locations, and assist in ad hoc tasks across the company. This individual will be responsible for various human resource functions, including compliance, recruiting, and screening of new candidates, onboarding, leveling, supporting compliance, and driving a positive and productive team culture.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and detail-oriented self-starter, who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced working environment and contributes directly to our company culture and success. The position provides an opportunity to gain valuable global experience across functions including commercial, international, research, and manufacturing. This is an onsite/in-office position with flexibility to work from home one day a week.
- Front line support for recruitment, onboarding, and day-to-day human resource functions for our site in Boulder and remote employees throughout the United States
- Partner with VP People & Culture to support the people and culture/human resource functions in South Africa, United Kingdom, Germany, China, and future international locations
- Partner with VP People & Culture, Leadership, and US legal counsel to deliver an exceptional Employee Relations and Compliance program supporting employees in accordance with US law, the Employee Handbook, various reporting obligations, and required legal notifications and submissions
- Partner with the VP People and Culture to promote, and implement a People Strategy aligned to the organization’s current needs and future growth objectives
- Support the strategic management processes, including hiring, succession planning & promotion, professional development, and training
- Assist hiring managers with job descriptions, applicant screening interviews, and logistical support
- Support of performance management, goal setting, quarterly reviews, and ad hoc opportunities for improvement and coaching
- Support programs that drive a positive culture and Employee Engagement through onboarding programs, rewards and recognition programs, and the goal-setting and quarterly review process
- Support the initiative to improve and maintain HR policies, SOPS, and necessary HR documents. Ensure adherence to policies and provide training and support to the organization
- Keep up-to- date with industry trends and best practices to ensure the company remains competitive in attracting and retaining top talent
- Keep up-to-date with the legislative changes to ensure the company remains compliant with legal requirements
Required Qualifications and Experience
The candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant area with 5 years’ post-college relevant experience in human resources. Experience in biotech and a start-up environment are highly desirable.
The following skills and experience are requirements for the position:
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- The ability to multitask and prioritize
- Be able to work at a high standard, perform consistently under pressure along with pre-determined deadlines and work without supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as an effective member of a team
- Good communication and personal task management skills and a high level of self-motivation and initiative
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- A creative and disciplined approach to problem-solving
- Experience with compensation and benefits aspect of human resources with proven success metrics
- Knowledge of and experience with varied human resource information systems
- Understanding of when to use discretion and confidentiality with sensitive and confidential information
Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or related field required: Master’s degree preferred
At least five years of experience in human resources, with a focus on recruitment and compliance
HR certification preferred
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and opportunities for professional development and growth. The base compensation for the People & Culture Generalist role starts at $65,000-85,000 + bonus + equity; actual pay will be adjusted based on skills and experience. Employees are eligible for Flexible Time Off, Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D, Short Term Disability, EAP, and a 401(k) retirement plan.
To apply for the position, please submit the following in a PDF format on watchmakergenomics.com:
- Letter of motivation
- Resume or Curriculum vitae, highlighting relevant qualifications and experience
Applications without a Letter of Motivation will not be considered. Local candidates preferred.
If selected to participate in the interview process, the names and contact information of three professional references who are able to assess your suitability for the position in terms of the specified requirements will be requested.
If you are a motivated and detail-oriented HR professional with a passion for creating a positive and productive company culture, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Watchmaker Genomics is committed to being an equal opportunity employer and creating a culturally diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics as protected by applicable law.
All applicants will be asked if currently eligible to work in the United States of America; and if now or in the future will require visa sponsorship to continue working in the United States.
This position may be subject to pre-employment checks, including driving history check, drug screening and a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. All pre-employment checks will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.