Watchmaker Genomics is an early-stage life science company based in Boulder, Colorado and has an R&D facility in Cape Town, South Africa. Our team is passionate about innovation and values collaboration, creativity and scientific rigor. We believe the intersection of biology, engineering and computer science presents exciting opportunities for developing novel technologies that promote research and improve human health. Watchmaker Genomics specializes in the design, development and production of DNA- and RNA-modifying enzymes that enable high-growth applications in genomics, molecular diagnostics and personalized medicine.
Watchmaker is inviting applications for the full-time position of Finished Goods Technician. This position reports directly to the Production Manager – Finished Goods and will be responsible for bulk liquid manufacturing, filling of vials, kit assembly, laboratory & inventory maintenance and will contribute to process improvements.
The successful candidate will thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced working environment and contribute directly to our company culture and success. The position provides an opportunity to grow and develop laboratory skills and techniques in the production department
- Bulk Manufacturing – Combine liquid and solid raw materials
- Titrating, dilutions, filtering bulk products
- Component Manufacturing – Label, de-cap, fill, cap, and inspect vials
- Kit Manufacturing – Label, prepare kit boxes, assemble and inspect finished product
- Support and maintain the compliance of the Watchmaker Genomics quality standards of ISO 13485
- Weigh and measure raw materials using common laboratory equipment, ability to read to the correct decimal place
- General laboratory and equipment maintenance
- Adhere to inventory control procedures
- Contribute to process improvements
- Follow SOP’s and proper laboratory technique
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
The ideal candidate will have experience in biotech industry manufacturing, quality control and quality assurance. Basic knowledge of or experience with temperature sensitive materials, enzyme production, Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS), ISO 13485 compliance or ERP/inventory management software is a plus.
The following skills and experience are requirements for the position:
- Ability to pipette liquids, weigh powders and accurately identify and record measurements
- Ability to quickly learn and execute on basic laboratory techniques
- Computer literacy in spreadsheets, excel and word processing software
- Excellent organizational skills and outstanding attention to detail
- The ability to multitask, perform constantly under pressure and work without supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work as an effective member of a team
- Ability to work on their feet and lift up to 50 lbs
The following are preferred:
- Drafting/revising and publishing of work instructions and/or standard operating procedures
- Experience with high-growth start-up environments
- Basic understanding of ISO 13485 and/or experience working in an ISO compliant facility
- Aseptic Technique
Education and Experience
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant life science discipline AND a minimum of (2+) years in a biotech or related industry
- High school diploma or Associates degree AND 4+ years of industry experience in lieu of an undergraduate degree
The base compensation for the Finished Goods Technician role starts at $55-000-$65,000 + bonus + equity; actual pay will be adjusted based on skills and experience. Employees are eligible for Flexible Time Off, Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D, EAP, Short Term Disability, and a 401(k) retirement plan.
To apply for the position, please submit the following::
- Letter of motivation
- Resume or Curriculum vitae, highlighting relevant qualifications and experience
Applications without a Letter of Motivation will not be considered. Local candidates preferred.
If selected to participate in the interview process, the names and contact information of three professional references who are able to assess your suitability for the position in terms of the specified requirements will be requested.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Watchmaker Genomics is committed to being an equal opportunity employer and creating a culturally diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics as protected by applicable law.
All applicants will be asked if currently eligible to work in the United States of America; and if now or in the future will require visa sponsorship to continue working in the United States.
This position may be subject to pre-employment checks, including driving history check, drug screening and a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. All pre-employment checks will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.