Watchmaker Genomics is an early-stage life science company based in Boulder, Colorado and has an R&D facility in Cape Town, South Africa. Our team is passionate about innovation and values collaboration, creativity and scientific rigor. We believe the intersection of biology, engineering and computer science presents exciting opportunities for developing novel technologies that promote research and improve human health. Watchmaker Genomics specializes in the design, development and production of DNA- and RNA-modifying enzymes that enable high-growth applications in genomics, molecular diagnostics and personalized medicine.
As part of the Process Development team, you will design and develop test methods and assays to ensure that we are successful in delivering high-quality, innovative products to our customers in global genomics and synthetic biology markets. You will be based in Cape Town, and will collaborate closely with colleagues here and at our headquarters in Boulder, Colorado (USA).
- Design and develop test methods for quality control of life sciences reagents
- Design, execute and analyse studies with scientific rigour
- Record and communicate findings with accuracy and clarity
- Maintain industry design and development standards to ensure product quality and
- Work closely with scientific and marketing teams to successfully develop innovative new
- Work closely with production teams to transfer new processes and improve existing
Required Qualifications and Experience
- You have at least 3 years of experience (incl. postgraduate study) in enzymology/molecular biology with an MSc/PhD in biochemistry, molecular biology, or a related discipline
- You have developed or optimised enzyme and/or molecular biology assays such as PCR, qPCR or NGS Library Preparation, and have a deep understanding of the workings of these transformative technologies
- You have demonstrated scientific excellence in your technical work, and in your written and verbal communication
- You can multitask, perform consistently under pressure and work without supervision
- You use and understand appropriate inferential statistical tools and software
- Ideally, you have designed and developed life sciences reagents or assays according to ISO13485 standards
- Letter of motivation
- A current email address and mobile phone number
- The names and contact information of two references who are able to assess your suitability for the position in terms of the specified requirements.
- Applications not accompanied by a letter of motivation and the contact information for two professional references will not be considered.
To apply, please visit the posting on Indeed.com.